How to use "south" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "south" in popular movie and book plots
- Wilson's businesses in Alaska also have failed, so he comes south to seek his brother's help. - Road Show (musical)
- During a violent storm, the sounds of keening demons from an island south of Colossa drives the crew nearly mad, endangering the ship. - The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
- Newlywed Gwenda Reed travels ahead of her husband to find a home for them on the south coast of England. - Sleeping Murder
- Meanwhile, Jean-Louis drives south through the French countryside to the Paris train station, just as her train is arriving. - A Man and a Woman
- Players assume the role of hero Link, a young boy living with his uncle south of Hyrule Castle. - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- He in the south and Pancho Villa (Alan Reed) in the north unite under the leadership of naive reformer Francisco Madero (Harold Gordon). - Viva Zapata!
- The expedition members then sail to an abandoned navy communications school south of Seattle. - On the Beach (novel)
- In 1791, Louis is a young indigo plantation owner living south of New Orleans. - Interview with the Vampire
- Just south of Mexicali, they pick up a hitchhiker named Emmett Myers (William Talman), whose stolen car has apparently run out of gas. - The Hitch-Hiker
- Lacking a functioning car, Parker decides to hitchhike the 120 miles (200 km) south to visit his mother. - Riding the Bullet
- Benjamin is tasked with keeping Lord Cornwallis's regiments pinned south through guerrilla warfare. - The Patriot (2000 film)
- Instead, they travel south to a city in search of work. - The Good Earth (film)
- Upset with Luc, Kate heads off on her own and learns that Charlie is traveling south to Cannes to meet Juliette's parents. - French Kiss (1995 film)
- Kansas City, Sedalia, Missouri, and all the way south to El Dorado Springs, Missouri are blanketed with ground burst nuclear weapons. - The Day After
- In 1757, Moonfleet is a small village near the sea in the south of England. - Moonfleet
- The captain orders the boat directly south towards the African coast at full speed. - Das Boot
Meaning of "south" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "south" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "south" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "south"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word south below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.