How to use "specific" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "specific" in popular movie and book plots
- Miss Sutherland only knows that he works in an office in Leadenhall Street, but nothing more specific than that. - A Case of Identity
- During the tour, mr Weston requests to see a specific room of the factory where robots construct other robots. - Robbie (short story)
- The specific scenes and their order vary from version to version. - Once Upon a Time in America
- He orders the firing of torpedoes at specific coordinates, revealing Romulan ships. - Redemption (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Then, in the second half of the chapter, the reader learns about a specific mammoth named Mastodon, and another named Matriarch. - Alaska (novel)
- Human ships use the Alderson Drive, which allows them to travel instantaneously between "Alderson points" in specific star systems. - The Mote in God's Eye
- Monotheism remained limited to the specific Hebrew sect in Egypt. - Roma Eterna
- Yet he continues with them – even after Myra suspects Babbitt's affair, though she has no proof or specific knowledge. - Babbitt (novel)
- Bemused by this unexpected kiss, Michael asks her out, but he learns that she has a very specific vision of her ideal man ("Cool Rider"). - Grease 2
- Their specific names do not come up as they all agree to refer to each other pseudo-anonymously by just their professions. - Stalker (1979 film)
- Earlier that day, he asked a patient of his to phone him at a specific time, as confirmed by the telegram. - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Each of the first six rooms is decorated and illuminated in a specific color: blue, purple, green, orange, white, and violet. - The Masque of the Red Death
- More specific entities include Earth spirits, which are guardians over a specific area of land. - Oh My Goddess!
- Elexis threatens to fill them with U4 and launch them at specific targets, turning the entire world's population into mutants. - SiN
- The veteran walks around the cemetery and, upon seeing one specific gravestone, collapses to his knees, overwhelmed by emotion. - Saving Private Ryan
- Each chapter is introduced by a commercial advertising Ubik as a different product serving a specific use. - Ubik
Meaning of "specific" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "specific" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "specific" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "specific"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word specific below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.