How to use "sport" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sport" in popular movie and book plots
- Homer purchases the sport utility vehicle, but is soon disappointed after discovering he bought the "F-series", intended for women. - Marge Simpson in: "Screaming Yellow Honkers"
- None of the boys in the South Park Cows, the town's Little League Baseball team, enjoy the sport at all. - The Losing Edge
- As boxing between human fighters was criminalized in 1968, the sport is dominated by fighting robots. - Steel (The Twilight Zone)
- Holmes has to admit that sport is outside his field, but he shows the same care he has shown to his other cases. - The Adventure of the Missing Three-Quarter
- In the near future, violence has become something of a national sport and television news has fallen to tabloid depths. - Wrong Is Right
- Despite the fact that Po-Matoran are known for their skill in the sport it's Hahli and Macku who win for Ga-Koro. - Bionicle Chronicles
- The wizard has not had a challenge in a while, and so decides to make a sport of it. - Poison Elves
- After that, Oliver is put into Dodger’s care so he can sport his philosophy and show Oliver the art of the pickpocket—much as a game. - Oliver Twist (1997 film)
- This leads to a conflict between the men on several levels, most notably over the idea of killing for sport such a grand animal. - White Hunter Black Heart
- What little entertainment exists comes primarily from a brutal sport known as The Game. - The Blood of Heroes
- In 2005, the new sport of Rollerball becomes hugely popular in Central Asia, Russia, China, Mongolia, and Turkey. - Rollerball (2002 film)
- Training of the team is done by Karl (Rolf Zacher), an ex-soccer player himself who quit the sport years ago after a stinging defeat. - Guys and Balls
- After encountering a group of sport punks who have been harassing the pair, Harold and Kumar steal their truck. - Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
- Batman suspected they were not the real thing after they seemed to sport twisted forms of their regular traits. - Batman: Child of Dreams
- Ryoma also begins to develop his own style of tennis, and eventually realizes what the sport really means to him. - The Prince of Tennis
- After ninjas attack the couple and steal an important sport bike called the X-1,W. - Pee-wee's Big Adventure
Meaning of "sport" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sport" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sport" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sport"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sport below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.