How to use "stanch" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "stanch" in popular movie and book plots
We couldn't find any sentences for the word stanch. Help us improve by submitting an example sentence using the comment section at the bottom of this page.
Example sentences for "stanch" in interesting articles
- In a sign of the battle to come, the Seattle giant cut the commissions it charges third-party merchants in India by as much as 7 percent in some categories; only days earlier Flipkart, keen to stanch losses, had done the opposite, boosting its own commissions by 5 to 6 percent. - India's Flipkart Has an Amazon Problem
- 9, 2007, central banks around the world first intervened to stanch what has become a massive credit crunch. - Bernanke Is Fighting the Last War
- Simply put, if the Army hopes to stanch the talent bleed, it needs to embrace an entrepreneurial structure, not just culture. - Why our best officers are leaving
- The effort did little to stanch the flow of negative reporting. - The Wrong Man
- Yet repeatedly, government and other research scientists were allowed to veto the engineering tactics needed to stanch the flow. - Engineering Is Not Science
Meaning of "stanch" in English
- stop the flow of a liquid
- stem the tide
Meaning of "stanch" in Hindi
- थमना ( Thamana, thamanaa)
- बन्द होना ( Band hona, band honaa)
- रोकना ( Rokana, rokanaa)
Synonyms of "stanch"
Discuss anything about the word stanch below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.