How to use "stand" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "stand" in popular movie and book plots
- They and the Dodo all howl, which allows him to escape and stand on Porky's head. - Porky in Wackyland
- A vote is taken as to whether the men should be hanged or taken back to stand trial. - The Ox-Bow Incident
- Scout is tempted to stand up for her father's honor by fighting, even though he has told her not to. - To Kill a Mockingbird
- During the trial, both he and Tori testify on the stand that he was the shooter. - The Cheat (1915 film)
- After listening to Slim's pleas for help, Jim cannot stand it any longer and goes to his rescue against orders. - The Big Parade
- Shortly afterward, the men that Nico and Jacks arrested are released at the request of Federal officials, and Nico is asked to stand down. - Above the Law (film)
- Alice forces him to dance with her at first, as it will be a grave embarrassment for her to stand alone, but Walter eventually abandons her. - Alice Adams (novel)
- The group is captured at the Bevelle temple, and are ordered to stand trial. - Final Fantasy X
- When the police begin to surround Terminal City Max convinces the other transgenics to stand their ground rather than run. - Dark Angel (TV series)
- Tensions mount, and the United States issues an ultimatum that the Soviets stand down from the blockade by 6:00 am. - The Day After
- Louise becomes concerned when Scott points out that she no longer needs to stand on tiptoe to kiss him. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- Massive cones, which the astronauts theorise are part of Rama's propulsion system, stand at its 'southern' end. - Rendezvous with Rama
- A soft-drink stand disappears, replaced by a small slip of paper with the words "SOFT-DRINK STAND" printed on it in block letters. - Time Out of Joint
- In the ensuing leadership race, Urquhart initially feigns unwillingness to stand before announcing his candidacy. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Fawkes was the last to stand on the scaffold. - Guy Fawkes
- A ruined cathedral remains unused, although some elderly people occasionally stand in front of it and sing incompletely remembered hymns. - The Big O
Meaning of "stand" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "stand" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "stand" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "stand"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word stand below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.