How to use "start" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "start" in popular movie and book plots
- " but Alice is unafraid, calling them out as just a pack of cards, just as they start to swarm over her. - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Unknown to Kate, Luc is smuggling a vine cutting and a stolen diamond necklace into France hoping to use both to start his own vineyard. - French Kiss (1995 film)
- At the start of the game he is a mercenary working for the New Republic. - Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- After a blessing from the priests, Zorba signals the start by firing a rifle in the air. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- The people who are infected start to find that genetic faults such as myopia and high blood pressure get fixed. - Blood Music (novel)
- He also tells Alvin that he should start using a walker. - The Straight Story
- These three are in Humperdinck's employ and have been ordered to kill Buttercup once in Guilder, Florin's enemy, as a pretext to start a war. - The Princess Bride (film)
- The two apologize to each other for their angry words, and soon start becoming friends. - The Wedding Planner
- They start recruiting others for the long haul and Rod becomes the de facto leader of a community that eventually grows to around 75 people. - Tunnel in the Sky
- He threatens to start a range war over Terrill's steadfast practice of denying water to Hannassey's cattle. - The Big Country
- While the woman dances, Bob and Shirley make their way to the cemetery and start observing the dance from a distance. - Orgy of the Dead
- tells her to start a petition to get the band Big Fun to play at the school pep rally. - Heathers
- They are interrupted by the start of the Tet Offensive as the North Vietnamese Army attempts to overrun the base, but are rebuffed. - Full Metal Jacket
- Their first act is to start open aggression against the Narn. - Babylon 5
- However, Grand makes an unexpected recovery, and deaths from the plague start to decline. - The Plague
- The pigs start to resemble humans, as they walk upright, carry whips, and wear clothes. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "start" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "start" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "start" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "start"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word start below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.