How to use "statement" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "statement" in popular movie and book plots
- However, Evans requests Runyon to make a public statement defending Hathaway. - The Contender (2000 film)
- The story ends with the statement that there are still strange occurrences in Crouch End, and that, very occasionally, people are known to ". - Crouch End (short story)
- Danny refused to withdraw his original statement telling them that Chen died a good cop, with Chen dying due to his injuries soon after. - The Corruptor
- A statement is made that the monolith's makers will not determine humanity's fate until "the Last Days". - 3001: The Final Odyssey
- Instead the paper is now on the side of the mayor, and has decided to print a statement of him talking about the baths and how good they are. - An Enemy of the People
- Vladimir Antonov-Ovseyenko drafts a formal statement declaring the Provisional Government deposed. - October: Ten Days That Shook the World
- When he reaches out to greet her, she catches him by surprise with the forward statement "Tell me how your parents died". - Bluebeard (Vonnegut novel)
- Riedenschneider's opening statement to the jury is interrupted when Frank attacks Ed; a mistrial is declared. - The Man Who Wasn't There (2001 film)
- In a veiled statement of accusation, Shaitana lists the ways various people might commit murder based on their occupation. - Cards on the Table
- calling off the investigation and issuing a public statement clearing him. - Absence of Malice
- The book starts with the statement about Crusoe's marriage in England. - The Farther Adventures of Robinson Crusoe
- She later regrets her statement and calls him to apologize. - As Good as It Gets
- Although his statement is not admissible in court due to coercion, his information proves valuable to the investigators. - Mississippi Burning
- Caderousse dictates a deathbed statement identifying his killer, and the Count reveals his true identity to Caderousse moments before he dies. - The Count of Monte Cristo
- When this statement causes Mae to sob, Slim is forced to give in and let her talk. - Of Mice and Men (1939 film)
- She finds this amusing and jokes about the statement with her friends. - Pride and Prejudice
Meaning of "statement" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "statement" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "statement" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "statement"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word statement below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.