How to use "step" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "step" in popular movie and book plots
- When a customer called Pisken harasses Tampopo, Gorō invites him and his men to step outside. - Tampopo
- When Teddie's best man for the ceremony becomes ill, he asks Merrick to step in. - The Jewel in the Crown (TV series)
- Some of the band members inadvertently step on Ludwig's beeper, and Jane is hypnotized into killing Frank by using Ludwig's gun. - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
- The knights step forward and they advise us that it is honourable to mock dishonourable people. - The Knights
- Socrates leads him into the dingy Thinkery for his first lesson and The Clouds step forward to address the audience. - The Clouds
- The young Communist orders Puyi to step away from the throne. - The Last Emperor
- Moretti convinces Sonny to step outside the bank to see how aggressive the police forces are. - Dog Day Afternoon
- At the close of the play, the knights step up, address the audience, and defend their actions. - Murder in the Cathedral
- Indiana is forced to step on the platform next but threatens Ubermann with eternal damnation once he is a god. - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- Donny's plan is disrupted, however, when Sascha decides to step in and fight back. - Half Past Dead
- When asked, Andy tells Red that he likes to imagine he can step through the pictures and be with the actresses. - Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
- He ultimately agrees to step aside and go back to where he belongs, including to his wife. - Viva Villa!
- Raymond intends to marry Idris (with whom Lionel is in love) as a first step towards becoming king, with the help of the Countess. - The Last Man
- tall, judging from Gulliver estimating a man's step being. - Gulliver's Travels
- The first to step up is Montgomery (Robert Ryan) and the rest are Floyd (Steve Brodie), Mitch, and a possible witness Ginny (Gloria Grahame). - Crossfire (film)
- then persuades Heather Duke to step into Heather Chandler's former role, which Heather Duke gladly embraces. - Heathers
Meaning of "step" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "step" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "step" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "step"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word step below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.