How to use "still" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "still" in popular movie and book plots
- As news of "John Johnson's" arrest spread among the plotters still in London, most fled northwest, along Watling Street. - Gunpowder Plot
- Following the Ridolfi plot of 1571 prisoners were made to dictate their confessions, before copying and signing them, if they still could. - Guy Fawkes
- Unknownst to them, Mafune is still alive and well. - Terror of Mechagodzilla
- Solange proves she is still fashionable at what she claims is 66 ("Ah, Paris. - Follies
- It also never may be read, but is still very important. - The Trial
- De Vere was still under house arrest in mid-July, but took part in an Accession Day tournament at Whitehall on 17 November 1581. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Meanwhile, United States Army forces arrive at Burpelson, still sealed by Ripper's order, and soon take over the base. - Dr. Strangelove
- He still carries out the "letter of the law", as deputy sheriff, and earns their respect. - Destry Rides Again
- He is still able to have sexual intercourse but is sterile due to an infection caught in Burma. - The Cider House Rules
- The Bene Gesserit still find themselves questioning the Golden Path of humanity set by the God Emperor Leto II. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- Dick, still troubled by the murder of his family, intends to kill Two-Face and avenge his family. - Batman Forever
- In 1773, Barry takes the Countess' last name in marriage and settles in England to enjoy her wealth, still with no money of his own. - Barry Lyndon
- Hero confides in Pseudolus that he is in love with the lovely Philia, one of the courtesans in the House of Lycus (albeit still a virgin). - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- (“I've Got You to Lean On”) A mob quickly forms outside the hotel, and Hapgood and Fay, still disguised, take refuge under the rock. - Anyone Can Whistle
- His symptoms do not conform to those of the plague, but the disease still proves fatal. - The Plague
- The writer, Alexander, still lives here, but his wife has since died of injuries she sustained in the gang-rape. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "still" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "still" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "still" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "still"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word still below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.