How to use "stock" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "stock" in popular movie and book plots
- He offers to sell Bellerophon to McCloy in exchange for stock options, to make him the majority shareholder. - Mission: Impossible 2
- She secretly gives a friend in the company a sample of her blood to prepare a stock of vaccine. - Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
- He keeps dozens of different animals in his apartment, and his eccentricities make him the laughing stock of the Miami-Dade Police Department. - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Throughout the film, Antoine works to maintain the job, working a case that requires him to pose as a shoe store stock boy. - Stolen Kisses
- Virgil Starkwell's (Woody Allen) story is told in documentary style, using both stock footage and interviews with people who knew him. - Take the Money and Run
- Hobson puts no stock in this theory. - The Quiet Earth
- He also plans to play the stock market the day before to make a huge profit from the imminent disaster. - Moonraker (novel)
- Smith supplements the nuns' diet as well, shopping for groceries to stock up their kitchen and delighting them with treats such as lollipops. - Lilies of the Field (1963 film)
- The 1929 stock market crash has ruined Gray, and he and Isabel are invited to live in her uncle Elliott Templeton's grand Parisian house. - The Razor's Edge
- Haven, Tommy Brown and their families attend the stock car races, where Winifred also attempts to sing on a small stage but cannot be heard. - Nashville (film)
- She had been Dan's fiancée, deceiving him into giving her enough voting stock to allow her and Miles to seize control. - The Door into Summer
- However, Gekko places an order for Bluestar stock and becomes one of Bud's clients. - Wall Street (1987 film)
- When the Dreadnought lands to stock up on supplies, the party rescues Hilda and throws the Sunfire into the airship's engine. - Final Fantasy II
- (1928), and The Three Musketeers, and invests over $1 million (US$ in dollars) of his earnings in the stock market. - The Great Ziegfeld
- Otto Maddox (Emilio Estevez), a young punk rocker living in Los Angeles, is fired from his boring job as a supermarket stock clerk. - Repo Man (film)
- After the stock market crash in 1929, Kane is forced to sell controlling interest of his newspaper empire to Thatcher. - Citizen Kane
Meaning of "stock" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "stock" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "stock" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "stock"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word stock below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.