How to use "street" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "street" in popular movie and book plots
- Creedy's men and Harper's associated street gangs violently suppress the subsequent wave of revolutionary fervor from the public. - V for Vendetta
- Jafar identifies a street urchin named Aladdin as worthy. - Aladdin (1992 Disney film)
- He concentrates on one key phrase hidden under the sound of a street musician: "He'd kill us if he got the chance". - The Conversation
- Richard Mayhew, a Scot living in London, encounters an injured girl named Door on the street one night. - Neverwhere
- Rosa's mother spots them from the street and then confronts Manuela about letting strangers see the baby. - All About My Mother
- Her sons realize that it reveals that he has a plan to run a tramline along a street that he and his cronies intend to buy up cheaply. - In Old Chicago
- At the end of the street is a dock on the East River; to the left are the luxury apartments and to the right are the slums. - Dead End (1937 film)
- His girlfriend, nightclub owner Missouri Martin, helps transform Annie from a dowdy street peddler to an elegant dowager. - Lady for a Day
- In the end, Allen visits Helen in the shadows on the street and tells her he is leaving forever. - I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- On a night out with Sofia and Brian, David gets hopelessly drunk and Sofia and Brian leave David to wallow in the street outside. - Vanilla Sky
- She escorts a blind man to the Métro station, giving him a rich description of the street scenes he passes. - Amélie
- Both he and Elaine then run into the street to flag down a passing bus and take the back seat, elated at their victory. - The Graduate
- The Black Ghoul then introduces the second dancer of the night, a street walker in life. - Orgy of the Dead
- A street gang named the "Panther Moderns" is hired to create a simulated terrorist attack on Sense/Net. - Neuromancer
- He declares that he will wait for her as long as necessary in the street outside Higgins's house ("On the Street Where You Live"). - My Fair Lady
- After a group of crazies destroy it, the group returns to the street and encounters Cabbie, who offers to take them across the bridge. - Escape from New York
Meaning of "street" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "street" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "street" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "street"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word street below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.