How to use "strong" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "strong" in popular movie and book plots
- On the stand, dr Homer makes a strong case for legalizing contraception. - Where Are My Children?
- However the enemy forces prove too strong and Durathror is mortally wounded. - The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
- A strong storm strikes as they head toward the Königin Luise. - The African Queen (film)
- Gino Felino is an NYPD detective from Brooklyn who has strong ties within his neighborhood. - Out for Justice
- As the trip progresses, Ringo takes a strong liking to Dallas. - Stagecoach (1939 film)
- Over the strong objections of her father, Henry Sims (Samuel Hinds), she is determined to try to fulfill her dreams on her own. - Stage Door
- After a tumultuous journey where his ship is wrecked in a storm, his lust for the sea remains so strong that he sets out to sea again. - Robinson Crusoe
- F'lar recognizes that Lessa possesses both unusually strong psychic abilities and great strength of will. - Dragonflight
- The reason for the noocytes' inability to remain in this reality is somewhat related to the strong anthropic principle. - Blood Music (novel)
- Novalee also meets a photographer named Moses Whitecotton (Keith David) who advises her to give her baby a strong name. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- Tuco, who now has strong motivation to keep Blondie alive, gives him water and takes him to a nearby frontier mission to recover. - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Elizabeth was a bull, strong and hard-headed who kept the target in sight. - House of Tudor
- It rotates, providing artificial gravity that is 992% as strong as Earth's gravity through the action of centrifugal force. - Ringworld
- Although set in a traditional suburban setting, the show subverts this genre with a strong overtone of black comedy. - One Foot in the Grave
- A storm blows up, and by a strong coincidence, the ship is wrecked upon Moonfleet beach. - Moonfleet
- After a volcanic eruption on Daikoku Island, the Yahata-Maru Japanese fishing vessel is caught in strong currents off its shores. - The Return of Godzilla
Meaning of "strong" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "strong" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "strong" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "strong"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word strong below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.