How to use "subject" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "subject" in popular movie and book plots
- Eve White is a timid, self-effacing wife and mother who is subject to severe and blinding headaches and occasional blackouts. - The Three Faces of Eve
- Spencer greets him and offers him advice, but embarrasses Holden by further criticizing Holden's work in his subject in a rude manner. - The Catcher in the Rye
- The film begins with Chorus, in this case a person in modern dress, introducing the subject of the play. - Henry V (1989 film)
- Karenin reminds his wife of the impropriety of paying too much attention to Vronsky in public, which is becoming the subject of gossip. - Anna Karenina
- Assume that the system is subject to a sinusoidal input with frequency formula_10, that is applied persistently,e. - Bode plot
- Striking up a conversation with D— about a subject in which the minister is interested, Dupin examined the letter more closely. - The Purloined Letter
- Even the basic facts of nature are subject to the programmers' will – men do not grow facial hair, and it rains only at night. - This Perfect Day
- Afterwards the entire ordeal becomes subject to a national debate about the quality and accessibility of insurance and healthcare. - John Q.
- Bogdanov argues that Mars need not and should not be subject to Earth traditions, limitations, or authority. - Mars trilogy
- Max tells him Norma is subject to depression and has made suicide attempts. - Sunset Boulevard (film)
- By random happenstance, Stoat becomes subject to the wrath of Twilly Spree, an independent ecoterrorist. - Sick Puppy
- When solved, the "Cenobites" came to subject him to the extremes of sadomasochism. - Hellraiser
- Carrie does not fare much better at her school where her frumpy looks and lack of friends make her the subject of ridicule. - Carrie (novel)
- Their final card is a shame campaign which will subject the trustees of the reactor to public vilification. - Blowups Happen
- One of Kinbote's annotations to Shade's poem (corresponding to line 493) addresses the subject of suicide at some length. - Pale Fire
- He has decided to use her as the next subject of his experiments. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "subject" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "subject" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "subject" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "subject"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word subject below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.