How to use "successful" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "successful" in popular movie and book plots
- makes a successful call home. - E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
- Walter Neff (Fred MacMurray), a successful insurance salesman, returns to his office building in downtown Los Angeles late one night. - Double Indemnity (film)
- They are successful but become lost in a labyrinth of mine-shafts and caverns. - The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
- After the successful extraction of Beychae, a severely wounded Zakalwe is taken back to his homeworld to see Livueta. - Use of Weapons
- This requirement greatly reduced the chance of a successful coup. - Claus von Stauffenberg
- She eventually builds a nationwide and then international chain of highly successful restaurants from this start. - Imitation of Life (novel)
- He is successful in downing the aircraft and lands to retrieve a souvenir of his victory. - Wings (1927 film)
- Lermontov revitalizes the company's repertoire with Vicky in the lead roles, with Julian composing some of the most successful scores. - The Red Shoes (1948 film)
- They are successful and eventually build a thriving community. - Time Enough for Love
- He has been generally successful and has carried forward Bonforte's ideals to the best of his ability. - Double Star
- Though she is successful in pushing for the vote, Amidala grows frustrated with the corruption in the Senate and decides to return to Naboo. - Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- Other successful books follow. - The Life of Emile Zola
- She winds up dating a successful dentist, but learns that he doesn't love her and has dumped her for a younger woman. - Anywhere but Here (film)
- On a visit to Mexico, he is encouraged by Salazar's successful efforts in hurting the Obregón brothers. - Traffic (2000 film)
- One is the pastor of a popular church, another is a successful computer consultant. - The Shockwave Rider
- After his successful passages to the past, the experimenters attempt to send him into the far future. - La Jetée
Meaning of "successful" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "successful" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "successful" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "successful"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word successful below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.