How to use "such" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "such" in popular movie and book plots
- Indeed, Salieri, who has been a devout Catholic all his life, cannot believe that God would choose Mozart over him for such a gift. - Amadeus
- Does our education prepare us for such atrocities. - Northanger Abbey
- They can create bodies for themselves that reflect the origins of their races, such as Tigerishka's cat-form. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- The pair exchanges such terrible vitriol and venom that Marianne stops the car and demands that they leave. - Wild Strawberries (film)
- Vin admits he still feels such nerves, and says he envies Hilario for fighting for an honourable cause. - The Magnificent Seven
- Feeling insulted by such a cold reception, Kikuchiyo rings the village alarm bell, prompting the villagers to come out of hiding. - Seven Samurai
- The Nazgûl perish, and Sauron's armies are thrown into such disarray that Aragorn's forces emerge victorious. - The Lord of the Rings
- Some levels have Lovecraftian names, such as the Vaults of Zin and The Nameless City. - Quake (video game)
- Elizabeth is aghast at such pragmatism in matters of love. - Pride and Prejudice
- Meanwhile, Julia's sister Emily has been trying to contact her, worried about her after such a long trip to a strange land. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- The Turing Law Code governing AIs bans the construction of such entities; to get around this, it had to be built as two separate AIs. - Neuromancer
- The player assumes the role of one such hero. - Hexen: Beyond Heretic
- This impresses Hartman but worries Joker, who recognizes signs of mental breakdown in Pyle, such as him talking to his M14 rifle. - Full Metal Jacket
- The device cannot be dismantled or "untriggered", as it is programmed to explode if any such attempt is made. - Dr. Strangelove
- When the funeral procession of one such victim passes by the two girls, Laura joins in the funeral hymn. - Carmilla
- His father asks him "stupid and distressing" questions about his war experiences, not understanding "that a man cannot talk of such things". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "such" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "such" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "such" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "such"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word such below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.