How to use "suggest" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "suggest" in popular movie and book plots
- Her conduct starts rumours, and, not surprisingly, the church members suggest Pearl be taken away from Hester. - The Scarlet Letter
- He inherits under the terms of her will, and there is evidence to suggest he had obtained poison. - The Mysterious Affair at Styles
- Velma is just as unsuccessful, and again approaches Roxie to suggest performing together: a double act consisting of two murderers. - Chicago (2002 film)
- Joséphine convinces Barras to suggest to the National Assembly that Napoleon is the best man to quell a royalist uprising. - Napoléon (1927 film)
- All of these clues suggest that the murderer or murderers were somewhat sloppy. - Murder on the Orient Express
- Bertrand identifies several scenes that suggest considerable film making sophistication on the part of the Taits. - The Story of the Kelly Gang
- A number of other sub-plots suggest some sort of greater mystery, but remain unexplored. - Imperial Earth
- Greybar and Skunk suggest to Nathaniel that a woman named Calli (Ann Magnuson) can help build his confidence. - Cabin Boy
- Two of Burdette's men suggest Dude needs a drink and one throws a silver dollar into a spittoon. - Rio Bravo (film)
- They find artifacts that suggest a connection between humans, Sebaceans and Interons. - Farscape
- When the story breaks, Frost protests his embarrassment to his friends, but they suggest valuable publicity would result. - One Hundred Men and a Girl
- The parents agree, but suggest they are both too young to marry, as Meg is just seventeen. - Little Women
- When she asks what to call him, he wants to suggest Scarface, referring to the scar on his face, but she stops him as he is saying "Oh, Scar. - Glory Road
- During the year 1866, ships of several nations spot a mysterious sea monster, which some suggest to be a giant narwhal. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- ) and to the guests ("May I suggest that you consider moving to a hotel closer to the sea. - Fawlty Towers
- But authors were free to suggest different motives for his death". - Actaeon
Meaning of "suggest" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "suggest" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "suggest" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "suggest"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word suggest below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.