How to use "supine" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "supine" in popular movie and book plots
- Additional screams spur her to peer through a door into the auditorium and hear Billy Joe say, "nobody's gonna hear you now, except God, and he's on our side", as The Atoner hammers the heavy construction nails into Willis' supine body. - The Night God Screamed
- According to Ben Richards, writing in The Guardian, "Bolaño uses this to illustrate the supine nature of the Chilean literary establishment under the dictatorship". - By Night in Chile
- With Our Texas supine before the task force, Brun tasks Admiral Serrano with retrieving the four children captured by the Texans with Hazel. - Rules of Engagement (Elizabeth Moon novel)
- The old dames have told her she may receive sweet dreams of love from him if on this night, st Agnes' Eve, she retires to bed under the proper ritual of silence and supine receptiveness. - The Eve of St. Agnes
Example sentences for "supine" in interesting articles
- He made a point of trying drugs before they were tested on soldiers; the Army had even granted him its highest civilian award, in part “for volunteering to be the first to expose himself to several new chemical agents at the risk of grave personal injury.” At such moments, Edgewood doctors would crowd around Sim, tending to his gargantuan supine body. - Decades after a Cold War experiment, a scientist lives with secrets (2012)
Meaning of "supine" in English
- offering no resistance
- No other colony showed such supine, selfish helplessness in allowing her own border citizens to be mercilessly harried
- lying face upward
Meaning of "supine" in Hindi
- आलसी ( Aalasi, aalasee)
Synonyms of "supine"
Discuss anything about the word supine below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.