How to use "tax" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "tax" in popular movie and book plots
- The pirate Yellowbeard (Chapman) is incarcerated for 20 years for tax evasion. - Yellowbeard
- Wealthy tax attorney Henry Hearst (Hackman) is about to give a speech at an exclusive New Year's Eve party in Puerto Rico. - Under Suspicion (2000 film)
- After the Simpsons win a trip to Delaware, Homer refuses to pay a $5 airport tax for his flight. - Simpsons Tall Tales
- Fassett appears on the television and admits that he knows Osterman and his friends are only tax evaders. - The Osterman Weekend (film)
- Tony accepts, deciding to specialize in the relatively new area of tax law, where there is more opportunity for rapid advancement. - The Young Philadelphians
- The property thereby descends to her son Jean, who is a tax collector and "unfortunately, by God's will. - Jean de Florette
- In October 2091, a new sliding-scale tax package is proposed to take advantage of the huge revenues going to Sanctuary Inc. - Beggars in Spain
- The 1991 and 1992 dates can be clearly seen on several newspapers and car tax discs shown on screen. - A Very British Coup
- She tries to talk Mike into killing a tax lawyer in New York City cheating old ladies out of their homes. - The Last Seduction
- The government would tax the landowners based on how many serfs (or "souls") the landowner owned, determined by the census. - Dead Souls
- A tax auditor for Revenue Canada, Francis Brown, is a regular visitor at a Toronto strip club called Exotica. - Exotica (film)
- A sting by federal agents results in Tony being charged with money laundering and tax evasion. - Scarface (1983 film)
- She had used her charms on Sidney Strutt (Martin Gabel), a tax consultant, to get a clerical job without references. - Marnie (film)
- Willie and Al meet in Willie's apartment to rehearse their classic doctor and tax collector sketch. - The Sunshine Boys
- cult brainwashing, tax evasion, unregistered births) to the police of Bolster County, Nebraska, and the FBI are put on the case. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- Adam and Amanda, in the midst of a divorce, reluctantly reunite for a meeting with their tax accountant. - Adam's Rib
Meaning of "tax" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "tax" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "tax" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "tax"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word tax below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.