How to use "tend" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "tend" in popular movie and book plots
- Pinky relents and agrees to tend Miss Em after learning that she personally cared for Dicey when she had pneumonia. - Pinky (film)
- The swarms tend to wander around the fab plant during the day but quickly leave when strong winds blow or night falls. - Prey (novel)
- While Hong is still in critical condition, the Girl with a Mule begs Feng to hire a doctor to tend to Hong. - Ashes of Time
- They often live in extended families, and tend to live by choice in ethnically separated localities. - Ecotopia
- She then awakens in a hospital, where a police officer and medical staff tend to her. - Friday the 13th (1980 film)
- Catherine reveals that she had to quit school to tend to Robert and then accuses Claire of trying to have her committed. - Proof (play)
- A small stipend allows him to live in moderate luxury, and his elderly mother lodges close by to tend to him. - The Luck of Barry Lyndon
- Hyde returns to the music hall where Ivy works, and offers to tend to her financial needs in return for her company. - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931 film)
- The boy and his mother tend to the dog. - Sounder
- During the February Revolution in 1917, Zhivago enlists Lara's help to tend to the wounded. - Doctor Zhivago (film)
- Marie and Pierre both tend to concentrate on science to the extent that they don't realize until the last minute they have fallen in love. - Madame Curie (film)
- However, as Christo is gravely wounded, he requires Jed's presence in the camp, because only Jed has the medical knowledge to tend to him. - The Beach (novel)
- Lennie's part of the dream, which he never tires of hearing George describe, is merely to tend to (and touch) soft rabbits on the farm. - Of Mice and Men (1939 film)
- Lennie's part of the dream is merely to tend and pet rabbits on the farm, as he loves touching soft animals, although he always kills them. - Of Mice and Men
- Modern historians, however, tend to acquit Boris. - Boris Godunov (opera)
- The foreign edits tend to play up the individual characters, while the Japanese original is often more focused on the ship itself. - Space Battleship Yamato
Meaning of "tend" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "tend" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "tend" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "tend"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word tend below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.