How to use "than" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "than" in popular movie and book plots
- Jack encounters a Mysterious Man who mocks him for trying to sell his cow for more than a "sack of beans" and then vanishes. - Into the Woods
- After more than thirty days the ship anchors off the seat of the government near the mouth of the big river. - Heart of Darkness
- He had more common sense than Brad but was not immune to trouble. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Hitler ordered brutal reprisals that resulted in the execution of more than 4,900 people. - Heinrich Himmler
- Rhett, more drunk than Scarlett has ever seen him, returns home from the party long after Scarlett. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- At first, Minilla has difficulty producing anything more than atomic smoke rings, but Godzilla discovers that stressful conditions (ie. - Son of Godzilla
- Carrie lists her more than thirty sexual partners. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Vowels will almost always have four or more distinguishable formants; sometimes there are more than six. - Formant
- As the discussion gets heated, he states that he thinks women are more faithful than men. - Eyes Wide Shut
- Rather than kill his beloved Paul, though, Duncan's ghola body reacts against its own programming and recovers Duncan's full consciousness. - Dune Messiah
- Is there greater purpose to life than consolidating power. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- An Entwicklungsroman ("development novel") is a story of general growth rather than self-cultivation. - Bildungsroman
- During the first episode, disparities in wealth are shown to be more pronounced than in previous periods in post-war Japan. - Bubblegum Crisis
- As Merrick dies, he tells Buffy to do things her own way rather than live by the rules of others and he says "remember about the music". - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- The narrator reflects on the epidemic and reaches the conclusion that there is more to admire than to despise in humans. - The Plague
- The animals remain convinced that they are better off than they were under mr Jones. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "than" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "than" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "than" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "than"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word than below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.