How to use "that" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "that" in popular movie and book plots
- Kate sits at his desk to leave him a note and finds a document indicating that Warren has contracted a sexually transmitted disease. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- At first enticed by Dracula's gracious manners, Harker soon realizes that he is Dracula's prisoner. - Dracula
- Each character is outfitted with an innate Element affinity and three unique special abilities that are learned over time. - Chrono Cross
- Billy arrives and, seeing that mrs Mullin is jealous, mocks her; he is fired from his job. - Carousel (musical)
- The General ambiguously concludes that he will discuss the circumstances in detail when they meet later. - Carmilla
- The first ghola produced is that of their recently deceased military genius, Miles Teg. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- Mu Bai and Shu Lien trace the theft to Governor Yu's compound and learn that Jade Fox has been posing as Jen's governess for many years. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Through Thatcher's written memoirs, Thompson learns that Kane's childhood began in poverty in Colorado. - Citizen Kane
- Each season shares its name with an episode that is central to that season's plot. - Babylon 5
- She finds that Wayne Enterprises funded Woodrue, thus she takes Bane with her to Gotham City. - Batman & Robin (film)
- When Batman and Robin get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp is in danger aboard his yacht, they launch a rescue mission using the batcopter. - Batman (1966 film)
- He informs her that she is The Slayer, or Chosen One, destined to kill vampires, and he is a Watcher whose duty it is to guide and train her. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- While recovering, Cameron is told that he will be hanged for being a Confederate guerrilla. - The Birth of a Nation
- Hero confides in Pseudolus that he is in love with the lovely Philia, one of the courtesans in the House of Lycus (albeit still a virgin). - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- The story is set in an imaginary American town that has gone bankrupt. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The town has not changed since he went off to war; however, he finds that he does "not belong here anymore, it is a foreign world". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "that" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "that" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "that" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "that"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word that below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.