How to use "the" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "the" in popular movie and book plots
- Two young female millworkers in 1873 Maine visit the town's carousel after work. - Carousel (musical)
- The Bene Gesserit still find themselves questioning the Golden Path of humanity set by the God Emperor Leto II. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- The film is set in the Qing Dynasty during the 43rd year (1778) of the reign of the Qianlong Emperor. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- In a mansion in Xanadu, a vast palatial estate in Florida, the elderly Charles Foster Kane is on his deathbed. - Citizen Kane
- When they reach Willows House, they find it to be occupied and the current owner repeatedly denies them hospitality. - Bride of the Monster
- At the beginning of the series, five dominant civilizations (the Humans, Minbari, Narn, Centauri, and the Vorlons) are presented. - Babylon 5
- The series begins in the late 2032, seven years after the Second Great Kanto Earthquake has split Tokyo geographically and culturally in two. - Bubblegum Crisis
- The story recounts the beginning of Bruce Wayne's career as Batman and Jim Gordon's with the Gotham City Police Department. - Batman: Year One
- When Batman and Robin get a tip that Commodore Schmidlapp is in danger aboard his yacht, they launch a rescue mission using the batcopter. - Batman (1966 film)
- The site on which the building is constructed was formerly the location of Murray House. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
- The Big O is set in the fictional city-state of. - The Big O
- When her body is found, the news spreads through LA and Hemery High, but her murder is met with indifference from Buffy's clique. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- While walking home from the hospital, he cuts through a vacant lot and discovers a severed ear. - Blue Velvet (film)
- One is the Northern Stonemans: abolitionistS. - The Birth of a Nation
- (Its former major industry was the production of an unidentified product that never wore out. - Anyone Can Whistle
- In the town of Oran, thousands of rats, initially unnoticed by the populace, begin to die in the streets. - The Plague
Meaning of "the" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "the" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "the" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "the"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word the below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.