How to use "though" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "though" in popular movie and book plots
- Spock successfully restores power to the warp drive and the Enterprise escapes the explosion, though at the cost of Spock's life. - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- He eventually pursues a relationship with her, even though he is already married. - Raging Bull
- Miss Bingley clearly does not want to continue the friendship and Jane is upset though very composed. - Pride and Prejudice
- Even though the two bullets missed his mesenteric artery and abdominal aorta, he lost nearly three-quarters of his blood. - Pope John Paul II
- Shirley suspects that they are observing a college initiation, though Bob seriously doubts her theory. - Orgy of the Dead
- Zeon, though smaller, has the tactical upper hand through their use of a new type of humanoid weapons called mobile suits. - Mobile Suit Gundam
- Despite this, she gradually develops feelings for Piro, though she is too shy to admit them. - Megatokyo
- The Witch attempts to curse the couple, only to find that though she gained her youth and beauty, her powers have been lost. - Into the Woods
- Huck becomes remorseful and apologizes to Jim, though his conscience troubles him about humbling himself to a black man. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- But it is clear that Sally is still in love with Ben – even though their affair ended badly when Ben decided to marry Phyllis. - Follies
- Reodor works as a bicycle repairman, though he spends most of his time inventing weird Rube Goldberg-like contraptions. - The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix
- His oracular powers have become so developed that he can foresee in his mind everything that happens, as though his eyes still function. - Dune Messiah
- Carmilla says she might be descended from the Karnsteins even though the family died out centuries before. - Carmilla
- Marle (Princess Nadia) lives in Guardia Castle; though sheltered, at heart she's a princess who enjoys hiding her royal identity. - Chrono Trigger
- When Jeffrey moves to leave, she asks him to stay, though he leaves anyway. - Blue Velvet (film)
- It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped (its) shells, were destroyed by the war". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "though" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "though" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "though" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "though"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word though below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.