How to use "thought" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "thought" in popular movie and book plots
- What he thought would be a romantic occasion is actually a dinner party where none of the guests is speaking, or can speak, English. - Woman of the Year
- Brennan plants the thought that their ringleader might just ride off with all the money, so Chink leaves the camp to keep an eye on Frank. - The Tall T
- Eventually, the prince encountered a whole row of rosebushes, becoming downcast at having once thought that his own rose was unique. - The Little Prince
- The naive Princess assumes offense, leading the lieutenant to convince her that he slighted her because she is thought to be very beautiful. - The Smiling Lieutenant
- He returns to rule over his kingdom peacefully for the rest of his life, without any further thought of conquering the Second Foundation. - Foundation series
- When Emma tells him that she had thought him attached to Harriet, he is outraged. - Emma (novel)
- ", with Queen Aeoleon curtly responding, "I thought you were the King. - Coming to America
- Tidus thought his father had died at sea ten years earlier. - Final Fantasy X
- At first England is thought to be safe, but soon the plague reaches even there. - The Last Man
- "I thought you were serious. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Rand's party journeys to Cairhien, where Rand finds gleeman Thom Merrilin, whom he thought dead in The Eye of the World. - The Great Hunt
- Vladimir takes up the thought loftily, while Estragon vaguely recalls having been beaten the night before. - Waiting for Godot
- While lifting weights with Joseph, he bench presses about 350 pounds, well above what he had thought he could do. - Unbreakable (film)
- He describes how his grandmother saw his mother in a dance performance, even though Lynn thought her mother was not there. - The Sixth Sense
- This thought gives him comfort, and he no longer fears the future. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- His incapability of providing for his family, coupled with his speechlessness, reduces his thought process greatly. - The Metamorphosis
Meaning of "thought" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "thought" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "thought" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "thought"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word thought below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.