How to use "threat" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "threat" in popular movie and book plots
- Outraged by his wife's escapades and the mayor's threat of personal violence, Wormer organizes a kangaroo court and revokes Delta's charter. - Animal House
- Zeb decides he has to act rather than wait for Gant to make good his threat someday. - How the West Was Won (film)
- Mars demands to know why Marlowe is there; Marlowe takes no notice and states he is no threat to Mars. - The Big Sleep
- There Gandalf rouses King Théoden from inaction against the threat Saruman poses. - The Two Towers
- The Martians had been content to allow humans to share their planet, but Beecher's threat to Willis has made them reconsider. - Red Planet (novel)
- The Queen of Hearts dismisses her with the threat of execution and she introduces Alice to the Gryphon, who takes her to the Mock Turtle. - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- A friendly alien diplomat of a third species intimates that the threat is not an empty one. - The Star Beast
- At first, the Lilliputians are hospitable to Gulliver, but they are also wary of the threat that his size poses to them. - Gulliver's Travels
- By far the most dangerous threat to the Tudor line during Elizabeth's reign was the Spanish Armada of 1588. - House of Tudor
- He signals the jets that the threat is over but not before one jet releases a bomb on the island. - The Rock (film)
- On 28 July, the ever-present threat of the plague again delayed the opening of Parliament, this time until Tuesday 5 November. - Gunpowder Plot
- There is the ever-present threat of the Yankees who steal and burn. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- On 28 July however, the ever-present threat of the plague delayed the opening of Parliament until Tuesday, 5 November. - Guy Fawkes
- At the same time, they also planned to erase Godzilla from history so it wouldn't pose a threat to their plans. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- However, the Drakh blackmail him into accepting a Drakh Keeper, under threat of the complete nuclear destruction of the planet. - Babylon 5
- Worried by the threat of the rebellion, Longshanks sends his son's wife Isabella of France to try to negotiate with Wallace. - Braveheart
Meaning of "threat" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "threat" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "threat" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "threat"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word threat below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.