How to use "too" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "too" in popular movie and book plots
- John eventually passes out after drinking too much of the wine while trying to quench his thirst, having not eaten or drunk for days. - Moonfleet
- Despite this, she gradually develops feelings for Piro, though she is too shy to admit them. - Megatokyo
- Eric determines that most of the other male agents on his team would be too immature and chauvinistic, and suggests Gracie take on that role. - Miss Congeniality (film)
- Just as Cleese has decided that "this is getting too silly", Graham Chapman's no-nonsense Colonel bursts in and orders the sketch stopped. - Dead Parrot sketch
- mrs Pearce, the housekeeper, insists that Eliza go to bed; she declares she is too excited to sleep ("I Could Have Danced All Night"). - My Fair Lady
- He goes ashore and finds a very weak Kurtz crawling his way back to the station house, though not too weak to call to the natives for help. - Heart of Darkness
- Keen not to seem too intriguing, and wanting to allow the King to take the credit for unveiling the conspiracy, Salisbury feigned ignorance. - Gunpowder Plot
- Elin explains that she often adds too much chocolate until her milk is nearly black. - Show Me Love (film)
- Then a hidden doorway back to Earth opens for the hero, who has "proven too tough for Hell to contain". - Doom (1993 video game)
- In the dance, a young ruffian, much like her father at that age, flirts with her and abandons her as too young. - Carousel (musical)
- He dies in her arms as Jen returns, too late to save him. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- However, after Nygma demands an answer from him immediately, Bruce rejects the invention, believing it to be too close to mind manipulation. - Batman Forever
- Gaff arrives and shouts across to Deckard, "It's too bad she won't live, but then again, who does. - Blade Runner
- Cora is too caught up with his logic to care. - Anyone Can Whistle
- They must guard a supply depot in a village that was evacuated due to being shelled too heavily. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Alex collapses at the door of an isolated cottage, realising too late that it is the one he and his droogs invaded in Part 1. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "too" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "too" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "too" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "too"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word too below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.