How to use "tough" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "tough" in popular movie and book plots
- With Cherry's memory disk, Treadwell hires Edith "E" Johnson, a tough tracker, to guide him to the factory. - Cherry 2000
- Katinka (Milla Jovovich), Mugatu's tough henchwoman, and her aides attack the group, forcing Derek and Matilda to flee. - Zoolander
- Larry Gigli (Ben Affleck) is a low-ranking Los Angeles mob enforcer who isn't nearly as tough as he likes to act. - Gigli
- Pete proposes, asking Philip to make the case to Kate's tough father, Old Caesar (Randle Ayrton). - The Manxman
- Scamp confesses that he wishes to join the Junkyard Dogs, but their tough leader, Buster, demands Scamp to pass a few tests. - Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure
- Hutch, refusing to pay, tries to pass himself off as a tough guy who just got out of prison, only to discover that they are in a gay bar. - Fanboys (film)
- Mr Mackay is a tough warder with whom Fletcher often comes into conflict. - Porridge (TV series)
- Marie does not want to get involved in crime, but Kitty explains the realities of prison life: "You get tough or you get killed. - Caged
- He also applies for, and is awarded, a teaching position at the North Quay Secondary School in the tough East End of London. - To Sir, with Love
- However, he proves an excellent leader and organizes his diverse followers into a tough and self-sufficient community. - Spartacus (film)
- The children flee down the river with the doll and take sanctuary with Rachel Cooper, a tough old woman who looks after stray children. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- When this happens, Enrique must make the tough decision of missing the flight to Chicago to be by her side, and thus loses the position. - El Norte (film)
- The business of farming is a tough affair in those days, but Roy is a hard-working man who eventually succeeds in growing wheat. - The Tie That Binds (novel)
- Ralph Meeker plays Mike Hammer, a tough Los Angeles private eye who is almost as brutal as the crooks he chases. - Kiss Me Deadly
- Ayala is indicted by a tough prosecutor, hand-selected by Robert Wakefield to send a message to the Mexican drug organizations. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Then a hidden doorway back to Earth opens for the hero, who has "proven too tough for Hell to contain". - Doom (1993 video game)
Meaning of "tough" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "tough" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "tough" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "tough"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word tough below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.