How to use "unit" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "unit" in popular movie and book plots
- Both men enter the fourth unit and stow away in the toilet compartment. - Runaway Train (film)
- Army Private Witt goes AWOL from his unit and lives among the carefree Melanesian natives in the South Pacific. - The Thin Red Line (1998 film)
- Army unit led by a Sherman tank arrives and the camp is liberated. - Life Is Beautiful
- More men are wounded when Lieutenant Wolfe accidentally directs an artillery strike onto his own unit before Barnes calls it off. - Platoon (film)
- The Chicago Chief of Police, Gus Monroe, gives a SWAT unit permission to insert a sniper into the building via an air shaft. - John Q.
- His unit is shipped out to Europe and participates in an attack during the Meuse-Argonne Offensive on October 8, 1918. - Sergeant York (film)
- He asks her to see the unit off as they leave at dawn. - Morocco (film)
- Meanwhile, a unit of UH-1 "Huey" helicopters drops off severalS. - The Deer Hunter
- Their unit ships out to France, where they are billeted at a farm in the village of Champillon in the Marne. - The Big Parade
- Sharrow recruits the surviving members of her combat unit and sets out to make contact with the son of Gorko's butler. - Against a Dark Background
- After the British leave, Benjamin gives his next two eldest sons rifles, and they ambush the British unit escorting a tied Gabriel. - The Patriot (2000 film)
- The main character, Cecil Harvey, is a dark knight and the captain of the Red Wings, an elite air force unit of the kingdom of Baron. - Final Fantasy IV
- Other X5s are periodically introduced, most significantly the unit leader Zack (William Gregory Lee). - Dark Angel (TV series)
- The unit stakes out the depository and observe the crime in progress, but inadvertently alert McCauley to their presence. - Heat (1995 film)
- United States Marine sergeant Bobby Shaftoe, a veteran of China and Guadalcanal, serves in unit 2702, carrying out Waterhouse's plans. - Cryptonomicon
- When a number of officers in George's unit are killed, he is promoted. - Death of a Hero
Meaning of "unit" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "unit" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "unit" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "unit"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word unit below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.