How to use "very" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "very" in popular movie and book plots
- In one dream, he is quizzed by a very judgmental medical professor; he is also praised by a small-town merchant who remembers him. - Wild Strawberries (film)
- She was supposedly a very skilled musician as well, in both singing and playing the lute. - House of Tudor
- That very night, his house mysteriously catches fire, forcing the narrator, his wife and their servant to flee the premises. - The Black Cat (short story)
- Benjamin visits Carl’s fraternity brothers who tell him that the wedding is in Santa Barbara, California that very morning. - The Graduate
- He is slain in turn by hobbit archers, and the War of the Ring comes to its true end on Frodo's very doorstep. - The Lord of the Rings
- Hummel then reveals that the mission is over and it was all a very elaborate bluff, as he never had any intention of taking innocent lives. - The Rock (film)
- At the ball, Mr Bingley is open and cheerful, popular with all the guests, and appears to be very attracted to the beautiful Miss Bennet. - Pride and Prejudice
- Such tools allow desired card shapes to be cut out very precisely, and repeated perfectly identically. - Plotter
- Brian's mother protests, telling the crowd that "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy" and, "There's no Messiah in here. - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- Huck returns to Jim to tell him the news and that a search party is coming to Jackson's Island that very night. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- They recently invited 17-year-old Veronica Sawyer to join their group, by association making her a very popular girl as well. - Heathers
- With Leto's death, a very complex economic system built on spice collapsed, resulting in trillions leaving known space in a great Scattering. - Heretics of Dune
- He is a former salesman for the fictional Binford Tool company, and is very much a cocky, overambitious, accident-prone know-it-all. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- His sister, Grete, to whom he is very close, then whispers through the door and begs him to open it. - The Metamorphosis
- It also never may be read, but is still very important. - The Trial
- Carmilla and Laura grow to be very close friends, but occasionally Carmilla's mood abruptly changes. - Carmilla
Meaning of "very" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "very" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "very" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "very"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word very below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.