How to use "want" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "want" in popular movie and book plots
- The ghost finds it can only possess individuals that fundamentally want to do the same task it is trying to accomplish itself. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
- "Do you want to fly so much that you will forgive the Flock, and learn, and go back to them one day and work to help them know. - Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- I don't want her near me". - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Ruth calls from the kitchen, "Matt, do you want coffee. - In the Bedroom
- He does not want to burden Wilma with his handicap so he eventually pushes her away, although she still wants to marry him. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- He cannot accept that she is not in love with him and does not want him. - The Greatest Show on Earth (film)
- The seductive Akemi, sensing that Kyoko is still hesitant, threatens to seduce Godai if Kyoko doesn't want him. - Maison Ikkoku
- Tigerishka's people want to explore hyperspace, and tinker with space, time and the Mind. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- They admit to each other that neither want nor need grow old alone, which is slowly creeping up on them; they have no more time to lose. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- Fran eventually admits that she doesn't want to get married. - The Wedding Planner
- Both the son and the doctor indicate they want the marriage dissolved. - Scared to Death
- Miss Bingley clearly does not want to continue the friendship and Jane is upset though very composed. - Pride and Prejudice
- Since Martha is an obese and very unpopular student, Heather Duke doesn't want the photos to be seenD. - Heathers
- She says she doesn't love him and doesn't want to be married again. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Paul is aware of this fact, but has foreseen that the birth of his heir will bring Chani's death, and does not want to lose her. - Dune Messiah
- We don't want to take the world by storm. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "want" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "want" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "want" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "want"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word want below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.