How to use "well" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "well" in popular movie and book plots
- While lifting weights with Joseph, he bench presses about 350 pounds, well above what he had thought he could do. - Unbreakable (film)
- Returning to the village, the six gunmen are able to get well within it before being detected. - The Magnificent Seven
- They find that the Black Gate of Mordor is too well guarded, so instead they travel to a secret way Gollum knows. - The Lord of the Rings
- Mason destroys the chips, then surrenders to Hummel, trying to reason with him as well as buy Goodspeed some time. - The Rock (film)
- He is joined by his old girlfriend Tulip O'Hare, as well as a hard-drinking Irish vampire named Cassidy. - Preacher (comics)
- Elizabeth, out of genuine concern for her sister's well being, visits her sister there. - Pride and Prejudice
- As "Mother", Norman had killed two missing girls prior to Marion, as well as Arbogast. - Psycho (1960 film)
- When she is rediscovered by her fans, Largo helps thwart a fanboy horde, but not well enough to escape being dismissed by the TPCD for it. - Megatokyo
- After heavy flooding on the river, the two find a raft (which they keep) as well as an entire house floating on the river. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- When Scarlett is feeling well again, she makes a trip to the mill and talks to Ashley, who is alone in the office. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- capable of intelligent argument as well as physical endurance, somewhat to the surprise of his enemies". - Guy Fawkes
- After a long and brutal fight, Gigan and Megalon both retreat and Godzilla and Jet Jaguar shake hands on a job well done. - Godzilla vs. Megalon
- The noise awakens the platoon as well as Hartman, who confronts Pyle and orders him to surrender the rifle. - Full Metal Jacket
- Londo and G'Kar enter an uneasy alliance to help both their races as well as Sheridan in forming the Interstellar Alliance. - Babylon 5
- Despondent, they waste away emotionally as well as physically. - The Plague
- Benjamin, the cynical donkey who "could read as well as any pig", notices that the van belongs to a knacker and attempts a futile rescue. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "well" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "well" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "well" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "well"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word well below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.