How to use "western" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "western" in popular movie and book plots
- At this time, the army is fighting the Indian Wars and taking over the soon-to-be western United States. - Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
- The novel is a series of recollections by the members of Troop D, a state police barracks in western Pennsylvania. - From a Buick 8
- Chapter 7 In 1183, the Taira gather a large army (mainly from western provinces) and send it against Yoshinaka and Yoritomo. - The Tale of the Heike
- When older, he himself is conscripted into the Militia to fight off the impending invasion by the western super-power, Madrien. - The Corean Chronicles
- However, less than a year later, World War II begins with Germany invading the western Polish borders. - Europa Europa
- He is well-meaning but underestimates the demand Americans have for western lands and the animosity the plains tribes have for all whites. - Centennial (miniseries)
- Sheriff Hoot Kloot is a diminutive, short-tempered lawman who tries to maintain order in a remote western town. - Hoot Kloot
- In the village of Champaner (in the state of Gujarat, western India) during the height of the British empire in India in 1893. - Lagaan
- The organisation had hijacked two nuclear devices and subsequently blackmailed the western world, as described in Thunderball. - On Her Majesty's Secret Service (novel)
- They marry and move to Lanzhou in western China, where they undertake work to try to reconcile Islamic and Confucian beliefs. - The Years of Rice and Salt
- They are determined to collect and preserve for a new civilization all the great books of western culture. - A Gift Upon the Shore
- Dunbar requests a transfer to the western frontier so he can see it before it disappears. - Dances with Wolves
- They see a western but rather than finding it sinful, Will is impressed by its moral. - One Foot in Heaven
- The governor of an unnamed western state, Hubert "Happy" Hopper (Guy Kibbee), has to pick a replacement for recently deceasedS. - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- capability to project power into the western Pacific is drastically reduced. - Debt of Honor
- The village's wise woman tells Ashitaka that he may find a cure in the western lands Nago came from. - Princess Mononoke
Meaning of "western" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "western" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "western" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "western"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word western below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.