How to use "whole" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "whole" in popular movie and book plots
- She hints that if Pinocchio does well in school and tries his hardest to be good for one whole year, then he will become a real boy. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- He's not my boy anymore—he belongs to the whole world now". - The Jazz Singer
- The captain questions her, and Rose confesses the whole plot proudly, deciding they have nothing to lose anyway. - The African Queen (film)
- mr Green reveals to the others that he is actually an undercover FBI agent and the whole evening was a set-up to catch the criminals. - Clue (film)
- In the ensuing celebration, as Jocelyn and William embrace, Chaucer remarks that he should write this whole story down. - A Knight's Tale
- Paul and mr De Pinna are downstairs the whole time making fireworks. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- When George points to Lennie the river, he runs to the river and dunks his whole head in it, drinking from it like an animal. - Of Mice and Men (1939 film)
- Soon the whole of the Patch is on fire. - In Old Chicago
- He is terrified and starts poking the ashes with the shovel until the whole room is full of smoke. - Native Son
- He says she planned the whole thing to get rid of Thursby, by getting him into a fight. - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- On her wedding day, she finally reveals the whole story. - It Happened One Night
- He confesses his whole life would've been different if he'd been able to undo this one lie. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- The visit is followed by an invitation to a ball at the local assembly rooms that the whole neighborhood will attend. - Pride and Prejudice
- " The whole court rises and looks expectantly at the witness entrance door, only for nothing to happen. - The Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python)
- He breaks down in tears and decides to tell Alice the whole truth of the past two days. - Eyes Wide Shut
- The whole town leaves for the clambake. - Carousel (musical)
Meaning of "whole" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "whole" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "whole" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "whole"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word whole below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.