How to use "wide" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "wide" in popular movie and book plots
- Both the Satyr and Dryad races became player accessible through such large scale, server wide events. - Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted
- He throws his arms wide like a child seeking to be held and Friede runs to him. - Woman in the Moon
- Dae-su breaks into a wide smile, which is then slowly replaced by a look of pain, bringing into question whether the hypnosis worked. - Oldboy (2003 film)
- Those civilizations were largely destroyed in the "Dawn War", a galaxy wide conflict over the galaxy's scarce resources. - Redemption Ark
- Refitted and repainted, Surprise goes wide around the Cape of Good Hope, held by the Dutch who are allied with Napoleon. - HMS Surprise (novel)
- The coolies opened the door just wide enough for him to get through, and then tied it shut again. - The Man-eaters of Tsavo
- Despite mrs Cassandra's warnings, Maya wants to explore the wide world and commits the unforgivable crime of leaving the hive. - Maya the Bee
- It is cold inside and when he approaches his girlfriend's room he finds a dead man with his mouth wide open. - Decoys (film)
- Then, Jesse tells May Belle to keep the "mind wide open" and all of the inhabitants of Terabithia welcome their new princess. - Bridge to Terabithia (novel)
- Edward sends his servants out far and wide in search of the woman who fits the glass slipper. - The Slipper and the Rose
- A single thin ray of light shines out and lands precisely on the "evil eye", revealing that it is wide open. - The Tell-Tale Heart
- On her way back, happy and fulfilled, she rides her bike with her eyes closed and her arms wide open. - City of Angels (film)
- Along the way, Oedipa meets a wide range of eccentric characters. - The Crying of Lot 49
- Jerry speaks to Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding, Jr), one of his clients who is disgruntled with his contract. - Jerry Maguire
- Despite the seemingly wide differences between their lives and personalities, the two fall in love. - Woman of the Year
- There is wide speculation that they were, in reality, KGB agents. - Pope John Paul II
Meaning of "wide" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "wide" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "wide" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "wide"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word wide below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.