How to use "wind" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "wind" in popular movie and book plots
- When the storm passes and a wind returns, Alistoun directs the weary men to catch the wind, which succeeds in righting the ship. - The Nigger of the 'Narcissus'
- They try to find out who it is, but the letter is blown away by the wind and after running all over Riverdale it is burned in a fire. - Love Showdown (Archie Comics)
- Once again, Piglet's contributions are overlooked as the wind gets the credit for moving Eeyore's house. - Piglet's Big Movie
- We then observe three fishermen landing a flimsy holed curragh in the force of the wind and the huge waves. - Man of Aran
- The movement of the plane in the wind and his visions of the missing men serve to heighten Embry's disorientation. - King Nine Will Not Return
- The plane and truck wind up hanging precariously over the edge of Poyahoga Gorge, and Ripburger falls to his death. - Full Throttle (1995 video game)
- However, a strong gust of wind blows the nannies away, and Jane and Michael witness a young nanny descend from the sky using her umbrella. - Mary Poppins (film)
- Fellow passenger and cattle buyer Wirt Roddy (Montagu Love) makes her acquaintance and tells her the wind usually drives women crazy. - The Wind (1928 film)
- The rain and the wind destroy the animals' cages, and subsequently they have to be kept in Pulchris's basement. - A Friend of the Earth
- He had also hidden Geiger's body, so he could remove his own belongings before the police got wind of the murder. - The Big Sleep
- He is then beset by goblins, and while he is frantically searching for a way out, he comes upon the wind crystal. - Final Fantasy III
- Just when all seems lost, the wind shifts direction, taking the danger away. - The Good Earth (film)
- Final Fantasy V begins on a day when the world's wind currents begin to slow and stale. - Final Fantasy V
- Owing to their fundamentally good natures, the Dukes often wind up helping Boss Hogg out of trouble, albeit grudgingly. - The Dukes of Hazzard
- They continue by a wind powered sledge to Omaha, where they get a train to New York. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- Kate and the stranger stalk each other through the museum until they finally wind up outside, where Kate joins him in a taxi. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
Meaning of "wind" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "wind" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "wind" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "wind"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word wind below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.