How to use "wish" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "wish" in popular movie and book plots
- Henry warns him that the only way the wish can have its power is if you believe in it. - The Big Tall Wish
- The two begin to date, and while at the beach one day, Julie breaks open a fortune cookie, which reads "you will get your wish --a baby". - Penny Serenade
- Wickwire serves the three men wine, toasts their safe arrival, and asks each man what his greatest wish is. - Elegy (The Twilight Zone)
- They usually do this by tricking Donald, or whoever else they wish to manipulate. - Quack Pack
- I cannot wish for anything better. - Cries and Whispers
- Ultimately, Ruth's wish is fulfilled: Henry leaves Howards End to Margaret in his last will and testament. - Howards End (film)
- After his coronation, Puyi, frightened by his new surroundings, repeatedly expresses his wish to go home, which is denied him. - The Last Emperor
- Believing that a practical joke is being played on him, he wishes that she will stay with him forever, and his wish is granted. - Oh My Goddess!
- Frances and Anita tell Maria that according to legend, if she throws a coin in the fountain and makes a wish to return to Rome, she will. - Three Coins in the Fountain (film)
- He tells her of his wish to repurchase his ranch. - The Naked Spur
- He acknowledges his fury, his need for a future, and his wish for a meaningful life. - Native Son
- Anna asks the Kralahome to give her ring back to the King; both schoolteacher and minister state their wish that she had never come to Siam. - The King and I
- This prompts Dorian to wish that the painted image of himself would age instead of himself. - The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Barrymore and his wife, who also works at Baskerville Hall, wish to leave the estate soon. - The Hound of the Baskervilles
- He is a pompous and obsequious clergyman because he expects each of the Bennet girls to wish to marry him due to his inheritance. - Pride and Prejudice
- Kubo soon joins them; and when Yoshiko abandons him, makes the wish to become the supreme enthusiast, under the name of "Otaking". - Otaku no Video
Meaning of "wish" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "wish" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "wish" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "wish"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word wish below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.