How to use "would" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "would" in popular movie and book plots
- and Spam selecting a Spam particular Spam item from the Spam menu, would Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam. - Spam (Monty Python)
- By destroying the planet, the Bene Gesserit would be dependent on the Tleilaxu for the spice, ensuring an alliance. - Heretics of Dune
- The image of this river on the map fascinated Marlow "as a snake would a bird" (Conrad 10). - Heart of Darkness
- This popular catchphrase would not be uttered after Home Improvement's seventh season, until Tim's last line in the series finale. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Since he/she would continue wearing women's clothing, subsequent arrests and imprisonment were only a matter of time. - Glen or Glenda
- However, he knows he would not be happy if married to her because of their personality differences. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Charles later awkwardly tries confessing his love to her and hinting that he would like to have a relationship with her, to no avail. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- While Faber would have left on the early bus, Mildred along with everyone else in the city was surely killed. - Fahrenheit 451
- Her father agrees, wishing Gregor could understand them and would leave of his own accord. - The Metamorphosis
- Only after being assured they would be placed under house arrest in the home of a Privy Council member, did the pair give themselves up. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- dr Levy explains later to Liz that Elliott wanted to be a woman, but his male side would not allow him to go through with the operation. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- After Serge returned home, FATE sent Lynx to kill Serge, hoping that it would release the Arbiter lock. - Chrono Cross
- He would have to abandon Julie; a married barker cannot evoke the same sexual tension as one who is single. - Carousel (musical)
- She proposes a project that could help the environment, but Bruce declines her offer, as it would kill millions of people. - Batman & Robin (film)
- The BOC would make initial payment of $60 million, with the rest payable over 13 years at 6% interest. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
- The duel was staged by Nora's family to be rid of Barry so that their finances would be secured through a lucrative marriage. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "would" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "would" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "would" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "would"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word would below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.