How to use "yard" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "yard" in popular movie and book plots
- He arranges a meeting at a remote automobile wrecking yard and insists that Boyle come alone. - Charley Varrick
- Fifteen years later, Cale is working in a salvage yard in an asteroid belt called Tau 14. - Titan A.E.
- In the first, Marcello coldly kills several lizards in the yard between his home and the home of his neighbor and friend, Roberto. - The Conformist
- After the railroad yard closes, the cafe (and ultimately the town) ceases operation. - Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
- A third report leads Peterson, Graham, and Major Kibby to large sugar theft at a rail yard in Los Angeles. - Them!
- During the night, Ray watches the Klopeks digging in their back yard with pick-axes in a rainstorm. - The 'Burbs
- Andy's mother puts Wheezy in a yard sale, but Woody rescues him, only to be stolen by a greedy toy collector, who takes him to his apartment. - Toy Story 2
- Later, Scamp sees a pack of stray dogs harassing the dogcatcher outside the yard and becomes intrigued. - Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure
- Undeterred, she sits outside Feng's front yard hoping to solicit assassins who walk through the gate. - Ashes of Time
- Juliet emerges into the yard and proclaims her love for him before Romeo sneaks up behind her. - Romeo + Juliet
- Carl steals it back, placing it in the yard at his construction business guarded by his doberman pinscher guard dog. - Nobody's Fool (1994 film)
- They pick leaves from a radioactive marijuana plant located in the yard of the nuclear plant and sell it to Eddie for $10. - Class of Nuke 'Em High
- Meanwhile, Sullivan wakes up in the rail yard of another city, with no memory of who he is or how he got there. - Sullivan's Travels
- Pinocchio then heads back to the Fairy's house in the forest, but he sneaks into a farmer's yard to steal some grapes. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- Digory plants the apple's core with Uncle Andrew's rings in the back yard of his aunt's home in London, and it grows into a large tree. - The Magician's Nephew
- Frank takes Jeffrey to a lumber yard and when he molests Dorothy, Jeffrey stands up to Frank by punching him. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "yard" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "yard" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "yard" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "yard"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word yard below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.