How to use "you" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "you" in popular movie and book plots
- The secret, Chiang says, is to "begin by knowing that you have already arrived". - Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Georges promises to write every day asking the same question "When are you coming, Cherie. - Green Card (film)
- She asks him, "Did you do it. - In the Bedroom
- "What have you been judging from. - Northanger Abbey
- He rails at her; "Money again, you see. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- It is unknown what happens next as the ending says "Thank you for playing". - Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.²
- When he is asked about the worst part of being old, he replies, "remembering when you was young". - The Straight Story
- She mercilessly orders around the farmhand, Westley (Cary Elwes), but he only replies "As you wish" to her every whim. - The Princess Bride (film)
- He assigns them a 1,000-word essay, in which each must describe "who you think you are". - The Breakfast Club
- At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- As Capek dies, he tells Eos there is a cure for the Plague but refuses to tell her how to make it and bluntly states "Hope you all Die. - Red Faction (video game)
- They, above—the Council in Europe, you know—mean him to be'" (Conrad 29). - Heart of Darkness
- He tells her they could have been happy together saying, "for I loved you and I know you". - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- However, as someone once observed, given the right lever you can move a planet. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- The girls try to comfort Carrie, but for Julie all that matters is that "he's your feller and you love him" ("What's the Use of Wond'rin'. - Carousel (musical)
- Here I sit and there you are lying; we have so much to say, and we shall never say it". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "you" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "you" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "you" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "you"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word you below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.